Outlook makes use of two different types of Outlook data files: the OST file and the PST file. When it comes to the OST file. There are numerous drawbacks. As a result, you should convert your OST file to a PST file. This tutorial will teach you how to solve this query “unable to access your OST file”
As a result, if you are utilizing an Exchange account in Microsoft Outlook. All of your things will be saved as a cache on your local hard drive in an offline storage table file (OST). Outlook will begin syncing and downloading the essential items from the mail server. And storing them locally in the OST file every time you log into your account in this situation. Despite the fact that it is advantageous. It can become inaccessible in a variety of circumstances.
if your Exchange server goes down for whatever reason, you will still be able to access the information contained in the OST file. In addition, you’ll receive a variety of sync problem warnings. Furthermore, you will be unable to open an OST file unless you have the appropriate Exchange account. Furthermore, as we all know, Outlook includes a built-in utility for restoring PST files that may be used by users. However, there is no inbox fix program available for the OST file. For this reason, in a nutshell, it is time saving method to convert OST to PST to solve this query unable to access your OST file.
You have the option of converting it manually by generating a new PST file and then copying all of the items in the OST file into the new PST file. However, it will undoubtedly be a time-consuming endeavor. Because of this, we will demonstrate how to construct a free OST to PST converter using Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook Provides a Free OST to PST Converter.
- Firstly and foremost, open the Outlook application on your computer.
- Once the Outlook editor is open, click the “Alt + F11” key combination to bring it up.
- Open a module in the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window that appears after that.
- After that, paste the codes from the following list into this module window.
- After that, simply hit the F5 key button after selecting the “Run” icon from the toolbar.
- The macro will be activated at the same time.
- Once the process is complete, you will see a new Outlook data file in the main navigation pane, which has all of the contents from the original PST file.
What Should You Do If You Are Unable to Access Your OST File?
If your Exchange server breaks or your online account is disable. You will be unable to access the contents of your OST file for a variety of reasons. In such instances, you are left with no alternative but to employ a renowned and skilled OST program such as Exchange Recovery to recover your data. It has the ability to convert an OST file to a PST file in a jiffy.
Introduction to the Author:
The author works as a data recovery expert for DataNumen, Inc., which is the world’s leading provider of data recovery technology, including SQL corruption and outlook repair software solutions.