About the Dudhsagar Trek
Goa is one of these places that is well-known for its beautiful locations and popular tourist attractions. You must not miss one of the most beautiful and captivating waterfalls in Goa- The Dudhsagar falls.
The beautiful, four-tiered waterfall Dudhsagar Falls is located on the Mandovi River. It is India’s tallest waterfall, with a height greater than 1017 feet and an average width of 30 meters.
You can also Try Annapurna Base Camp Trek, which is one of the greatest trek in asia.
The Best Time to Visit
The waterfall is fed by exotic rains and pouring water during the monsoon season (June through October). The slippery paths, flooding, and swollen rivers make it dangerous to visit the falls during monsoon. The place changes when the rain stops. The lush greenery of the landscape cascades into beautiful green water pools. It is breathtaking to see. The best time to visit Dudhsagar Waterfalls is between October and April.
Dudhsagar Trek Highlights
- This adventurous trek of 10 km will take you to tranquil views and provide an adventure.
- The stunning and eye-catching waterfalls of four-tiered heights, each at a height up to 310m in Goa are a sight to behold.
- Spend time at the waterfall with your friends and family, and then take a dip into the natural pool in Dudhsagar.
- You will be satisfied with the delicious, healthy food that comes in this package.
Dudhsagar Trek Overview
- Activity Location: Dudhsagar in Goa
- Activity Timings: 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Activity Duration: 15 Hours
- Trek Distance: 10 Km
- Trek Distance: Moderate to Easy
How do you get to Dudhsagar Falls?
Dudhsagar falls is a stunning four-tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River, in the Indian state of Goa. It can be reached by road from Panaji in 60 km. It is located along the Madgaon–Belgaum railway route, approximately 46 km east of Madgaon, and 80 km south of Belgaum. You can also take this day trip by taking a pick-up from Baga or Calangute, Candolim, and Panjim.
Notice: Anyone over 12 years old can participate.
Do Your Research Before You Set Out on the Dudhsagar Trek
- Keep at least 2 liters of water on you to keep yourself hydrated during the trek.
- Ensure that you have a safe and healthy environment while on your trek.
- As you will be walking a lot, it is advisable to have good quality shoes.
- It is strictly prohibited to consume alcohol or smoke during the tour.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women over 3 months old, those with broken legs/arms, chronic back pains, or other serious health issues.
- Bad or unsuitable weather conditions could cause the activity to be postponed or delayed. In such cases, the next best time will be notified.
- Participants are prohibited from carrying any lighter, sharp object, luggage bag, or knife.
- Participants must report to the venue no later than 30 minutes before their scheduled time. The activity is time-limited, so it is important to follow the timings throughout the journey.
Things to Do Dudhsagar Waterfall Trek
- Enjoy the tranquil walk through the Railway Tunnel and Tracks.
- You will also be chasing the Western Ghats forests of the Sahyadri mountain range while you trek to Dudhsagar waterfalls. The beauty and wonder of nature will be apparent to you.
- We are confident! The railway track will make you love walking along it.
You Must Have These Important Things for Trekking
- Hiking shoes – Avoid heavy footwear and choose good quality shoes. Wear lightweight but sturdy boots.
- Raincoat: If you plan to trek in the monsoon season during the rainy season, you must have a raincoat.
Other Items to Keep
- Torch with additional batteries
- Towel, Soap, Sanitizer
- Mobile Chargers that fully charge your mobile phone
- Basic medical kit
- Material for Eating – Plate, cup, and spoon
- News Papers
- Papers that are lighter and drier
- Odomos mosquito repellent cream
- Extra sanitary pads